Senior Tax Accountant
Brantley Janson, a CPA and advisory firm founded in 1976, is seeking a Tax Accountant Senior/Supervisor to join our team. We provide public accounting, tax and advisory services to individuals and diverse clients in private industry. The Senior Accountant position offers a tremendous degree of variety in a collaborative work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare individual, business, fiduciary and partnership tax returns
- Tax planning, projections, and research of tax-related issues
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Intense attention to detail
- Strong analytical, tax research, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to evaluate, identify and execute proposed solutions to problems
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), experience with CCH prosystemsFx desired
- Flexible work schedule from January to April with required overtime
Education, Training &/or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of recent public accounting experience
- CPA license or CPA candidate
About Brantley Janson
Brantley Janson is a leading local CPA and advisory firm. Our mission is to develop trusted relationships with our clients so that they realize their financial goals and we distinguish ourselves through outstanding service and professionalism. We foster an environment where satisfaction for our employees and clients is achieved in a collaborative office with access to regular technical training, advanced technology systems and generous benefits.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to HR@brantleyjanson.com
Brantley Janson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Brantley Janson, a CPA and advisory firm founded in 1976, is seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our team. We provide public accounting, tax and advisory services to individuals and diverse clients in private industry. This entry level position requires a confident, organized person who is professional and personable. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Warmly and professionally greet clients, staff and all visitors
- Data entry in various software applications
- Create and maintain client files;Scan client data
- Process tax organizers, tax returns, financial statements and other client communications
- Manage inventory and order supplies
- Answer, screen and disburse incoming calls on a multiple line system
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, prepare packages for delivery
- Other general office duties as needed.
Qualified candidates possess the following skills and attributes:
- Able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure
- Focus on customer service, able to provide support to entire staff
- Use discretion when handling confidential information
- Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Dependable and takes ownership of responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior office experience preferred (prior public accounting experience a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to quickly learn and utilize various computer programs and processes
- Open to being coached and willing to learn
- Some lifting and carrying will be required, up to 30 lbs.
- Background check is required
Comprehensive Benefits include:
- Medical /Dental
- Paid holidays and vacation/sick leave
- 401K with employer contribution
- Life insurance
Our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Growth, Collaboration & Excellence
Brantley Janson Yost and Ellison has been serving the Puget Sound region for over 40 years. Our mission is to develop trusted relationships with our clients so they realize their financial goals and we distinguish ourselves through outstanding service and professionalism. The success of this mission depends on our dedicated employees.
What we look for in our employees
- Motivation to grow and succeed
- Technical skills
- Team spirit
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
Our commitment to our employees
- Your hard work will be valued.
- You will be provided with a wide variety of challenging assignments.
- You will have the opportunity to work directly with the partners.
- You will participate in quality continuing professional education programs.
- Your need to balance career/life issues will be respected.
- You will be involved in the community.
Benefits of Working for Brantley Janson
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with employer match. Employer discretionary profit sharing contribution
- Medical and dental coverage
- Optional flexible health spending accounts
- Paid time off – 25-30 days depending on years of service
- 8 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Staff appreciation activities and firm wide social events
- Paid membership and dues in qualified business, civic and professional organizations
- Quality training, education and professional development
- Paid CPA exam fees and bonus upon completion of the CPA exam
Submit a resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to HR@brantleyjanson.com